As the heart of the home and the inevitable hot spot of any entertaining event, it’s no surprise that Americans are investing big in improvements and remodels to their kitchens.
Delta Faucet’s recent biannual Homeowner Index survey, in fact, revealed that one in four Americans would spend upwards of $20,000 on their kitchen remodel this season. With an overwhelming majority of homeowners — 89 percent — planning to host a summer gathering, it comes as no surprise that nearly half — 46 percent — of respondents named the kitchen the room they would be most likely to remodel.
Eighty-nine percent of Americans noted that they will host summer parties centered in the kitchen; parents replied that they’re even more likely than non-parents to host at least one summer gathering at home (96 percent versus 83 percent).
Other interesting survey findings include:
- More than half (61 percent) of survey respondents host three or more gatherings during a typical summer season.
- Independence Day tops the list as the most kitchen-centric spring or summer holiday (34 percent), followed by Memorial Day (23 percent) and Mother’s Day (20 percent).
- More than half of all consumers (56 percent) would commit to doing some, if not all, of the remodeling themselves. Millennials (48 percent) were more likely to take on some of the project themselves, compared to Gen Xers (40 percent) and baby boomers (31 percent).
- While contemporary continues to gain popularity, homeowners aren’t ready to go out on a limb when it comes to style. “Traditional” design is the preferred choice (40 percent), followed by contemporary (34 percent), which increased slightly when compared to last year’s findings (32 percent).
- While the kitchen is currently top of mind, the bathroom remains significant, with a quarter of homeowners putting the master bath on their to-do list for renovations.
DFW Property Management.com manages properties in the entire Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex. We offer three property management packages: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Please click on the links to read more about each one, or check out our comparison page. Give us a call at 682-200-6700 if you have any questions.