No matter the value of the space we call home, we want it to look as luxurious as possible, even on a small budget. Decorators share tips on small upgrades that add more than their money’s worth of grace and glamour. Quick tip: choose one or two as your budget permits.
- A Grand Entrance – First impressions begin at the doorway. Start with a clean and freshly painted door, add a nice doormat and a potted plant or two and be sure the entryway is effectively lighted at night.
- Attractive Lighting – Good lighting can bathe a room in luxury, and a huge array of interesting light fixtures is surprisingly inexpensive.
- Fake High Ceilings – Floor to ceiling drapes can make a room look tall and grand, and you can fake the look by placing the curtain rod higher than the actual window.
- Big Art – Artwork doesn’t have to be expensive, but it can look expensive when chosen well and placed on a major wall.
- A Backsplash – A backsplash, perhaps in stone tile, is a great option for adding sophistication to your kitchen.
- New Hardware – Changing out the hardware on kitchen and/or bathroom drawers and cabinets can give a whole, new look to the space.
- Fluffy Towels – Nothing adds new glamour to a bathroom than an array of new, fluffy towels on the towel bar, or perhaps in a basket or on a shelf.
- Matching Accessories – In the kitchen as well as the bathroom, matching accessories add a touch of sophisticated harmony.
- Area Rugs – An attractive rug placed under the coffee table will utterly change the look of your living room.
- Mirrors – A mirror wall, or even a large mirror hanging on the wall, will add space and light to a room.
DFW Property Management.com manages properties in the entire Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex. We offer three property management packages: Gold, and Platinum. Please click on the links to read more about each one, or check out our comparison page. Give us a call at 682-200-6700 if you have any questions.