While that nightly bath my be a total stress reliever, it can also be guzzling water way faster than you could imagine. In fact, small tweaks to your daily routine could save you gallons of water every day. The plumbers at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® have compiled a list of simple ways homeowners can help reduce water use in and around their home, which we at DFW Properties would like to present:
Outside of the home:
- Water the lawn and outdoor plants in the morning to help reduce evaporation.
- Place sprinklers strategically in your yard, so that they’re not watering the driveway, sidewalk or street, instead of your grass.
- Consider installing a soaker hose or drip irrigation system to deliver water directly to the roots of plants where it’s needed most.
Inside the home:
- Always run the dishwasher or washing machine with a full load of dishes or laundry.
- Replace home appliances and fixtures with water-efficient models. Look for appliances that have the WaterSense label. These products are designed to meet EPA’s specifications for water efficiency and performance.
- Fix leaky faucets as soon as possible. Even a small drip for a few days will waste precious water.
DFW Property Management.com manages properties in the entire Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex. We offer three property management packages: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Please click on the links to read more about each one, or check out our comparison page. Give us a call at 682-200-6700 if you have any questions.