Nothing throws a monkey wrench (no pun intended) into your daily life faster than a plumbing problem in the kitchen. From a leaky faucet to a clogged garbage disposal, unexpected issues in the most-used room of the house can wreak havoc on your schedule and your wallet.
To troubleshoot problems before they turn into large and costly repairs, DFW Properties offers the following maintenance tips from Roto-Rooter:
Prevent Leaky Faucets
Keep your faucet in optimal functioning condition by removing lime build-up and sediment from its aerator. To do so:
– Unscrew the aerator from the faucet by turning it counterclockwise.
– Take the aerator or spray head apart.
– Remove sediment using a small brush dipped in vinegar.
– Reassemble and screw the aerator back on to the faucet.
Avoid Clogged Drains
The following best practices will help prevent a clogged kitchen sink:
– Be selective about what goes in your garbage disposal. Never put hard-to-grind, stringy or fibrous waste down the garbage disposal. That means no poultry skin, carrots, celery or banana peels.
– Run cold water down the drain for 15 seconds both before and after using your garbage disposal.
– Never pour liquid grease down the drain. Instead, let it solidify a bit, then wipe it from your pots and pans with a paper towel, which you then dispose of in the trash.
Maintain Your Garbage Disposal
Keep your garbage disposal clog and odor free with these simple steps:
– Grind citrus peels or ice cubes in the disposal for about 30 seconds.
– With the disposal running, pour in a small amount of dish detergent.
– Rinse away remaining debris by running cold water for 30 seconds.
DFW Property Management.com manages properties in the entire Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex. We offer three property management packages: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Please click on the links to read more about each one, or check out our comparison page. Give us a call at 682-200-6700 if you have any questions.